This has been a facinating morning. About a half-dozen people have stopped by for prayer, and the requests keep rolling in either by phone, email (you can still give me yours at email@example.com ). I am growing in my sense of the compassion that God has for all of His children as I do this, and I am wondering about my own sense of mercy and grace.
A sample of the prayer requests today...
- a woman struggling with depression
- a variety of people struggling with broken relationships
- a hope that the Confirmation Class starting this month will impact the kids and mentors spiritually with the love of Jesus
- a woman who is dying of cancer
- a woman struggling with forgiving herself for something that happened in her past
- thanks for a loving pet
- a young man struggling with alcoholism
- a variety of requests on the part of parents for the their children, and the ages of the parents and children span the generations
- for Gene Purdy who is ill and in the hospital
- for Cathy and John who are facing surgery in the upcoming days
- for Eric, who is starting seminary today
Just a facinating array of things that are on the hearts and minds of God's people. More later today