Friday, October 21, 2005

Random Thoughts

I don't think I'll ever see either Simpson sister in concert, even if it's free. The same goes for anybody married to, or in a group with a guy married to, a Simpson sister.

"Jerry McGuire" is a chick-flick cloaked in the manly world of professional football, but it had me at "Hello".

I'm convinced that John the Beloved, despite the well-formed theology, really did write the Gospel of John. To those who disagree, don't you think if you walked with Jesus for three years, in retrospect, you could develop a pretty well-formed theology? You're walking with Jesus, for Pete's sake.

When I hear a noted economist say that your money will do better long term in a Columbian stock market than here on Wall Street, I'm either scared, or wondering why that economist might be so high on C0lumbia.

Ohio State + Indiana = Me Mowing and Raking the Front Lawn

Dad and I went to Bloomington to see OSU play four or five years ago, and there were so many OSU fans there that (I wish I was making this up) the stadium concession vendor ran out of food in the second quarter.

Xavier and Max want to spend the night tomorrow at their Grandma and Grandpa's house. God really does answer prayer.

I bought a Volvo station wagon about a year-and-a-half ago that threw a rod about 400 miles into the journey home from picking it up in New Hampshire. That's how I E-Bay.

I got excited today because Meijer gave me a coupon that enabled me to purchase ten gallons of gas for less than $2 a gallon. When did that become a bargain?

Charlotte Hefner's sermon (she's the other Associate Pastor at Shawnee UMC) on Sunday is going to be a good one. Don't miss it!

I played basketball for 90 minutes (with lots of breaks) on Wednesday, and my legs are still killing me. I've become the middle-aged fat guy I used to make fun as a teenager at the YMCA. Now I can start throwing some serious elbows and blaming it on my lack of conditioning like those guys did!

We'd better pray for everyone in the path of Hurricane Wilma, including those living in the Northeast that are ready to starting building arks.

I just made a trade in my fantasy football league with a guy who named his team "Diabolical Inc.". That's how I E-Bay.

Every time I get the mail I still look for the envelope with a million-dollar check in it. I'm still looking.

Anybody wanna buy a Volvo, cheap?

Have a nice weekend,
Bryan

No comments: