Saturday, July 29, 2006

Thoughts From Left Field

My last post was actually inspired by a comment one of my fellow classmates made in the course of a lecture. Somebody said something that could have multiple means (one of them, not so good), and the classmate responded, "That's something you hope you never hear your minister say", and I was off and running.

You'd think I'd have better things to do.

Anyhow, a few comments as we head into the weekend:

  • We want to let the Clemens family, the Neidich family, and Shirley Baker and her family that they are all in our prayers. It's seasons like this that make it tough for us to be away. We wish we could be to offer you support. Know that we love you all, and want to extend our sympathies during your time of loss.
  • Am coming up on a killer week where I'll be trying to complete all of my reading an writing for the month of August. I just see no other way to buy the necessary time to get started on my dissertation.
  • We had a nice family day, which was a real blessing. We spent some time at the Fayette Mall and the Joseph-Beth Bookstore, both of which are in Lexington. Last time we were in a nice bookstore, I spent most of my time there reading to Max. Today, he read to himself and his brother. My, they grow up fast.
  • Heard this week from Logan Latimer, our most recent enlistee into the armed service (Air Force). Say a little prayer for Logan as he continues to prepare for his work in the military.

Have a nice weekend.

No comments: